Pep Boys Regional Human Resources Manager in Broadview, Illinois
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Responsible for HR functions that include employee relations, compliance programs, policy administration and implementation of key human resources initiatives that support the needs of the business. Provide leadership and good decision making in HR as well as assisting in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions, training, and strategies for all aspects of the organization.
- Monitoring of manpower and succession plans
- Assist in management of training and development.
- Prepare and present procedural guidance for policy related to employee relations, anti-discrimination issues, equal employment opportunities, compensation and time and attendance administration, and employee benefits.
- Point of contact for all issues of sexual harassment claims, benefits, and loss prevention.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Coach and counsel supervisors and managers for successful employee relations.
- Oversee wage administration as required.
- Oversee and coordinate the use of temp and contract employees across the organization.
- Monitor and stay within your department expense budget. Insure that integrity is maintained.
- Regular travel (35% - 50%) is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have multi-state experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interrelate effectively and professionally with all levels of associates individually and in group settings.
- Organized and demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Knowledge of legal regulations (local/state/federal) relating to Human Resources disciplines.
- Computer literacy skills, specifically, Microsoft Word & Excel.
Experience and Credentials
- 4-year degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related fields or 10+ years' experience in a similar role.
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar role; Experience in retail or multi-unit HR environment preferred.
- Human Resources Professional certification(s) preferred. (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, CCP, CBP, etc.)
Potential Schedule: Days
Type of Store: Field Operations
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 18053
Location Name: AP IL MWD-Chicago-18053