City Colleges of Chicago Chemistry - Faculty (Part-Time) in Chicago, Illinois
- CHEMISTRY FACULTY, PART-TIME*TRUMAN COLLEGE*
- Truman College is currently seeking a part-time faculty to teach Chemistry during the Fall 2017 semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* * You must demonstrate excellent in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
* * Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
* * You are required to post your syllabi on Blackboard and to enter your final grades online in PeopleSoft.
* * Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
* * Maintain office hours.
* * Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
* * Master's Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Nano-Technology, or Biochemistry.
* * Previous teaching experience is preferred.
* * We prefer candidates with knowledge of the Blackboard Learning. Management System and previous teaching experience.
- To Apply:
* * A cover letter specifying which discipline you are applying for.
* * A copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae.
* * A statement of your teaching philosophy.
* * A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of hire.)
* * Two letters of recommendation.
- *We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. *
- Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Primary Location: Truman College
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 12:41:13 PM
Req ID: TRU0000648
Employee Type: Part Time
Union Code: N/A