Brinks Coin Room Machine Operator in Chicago, Illinois
Coin Room Machine Operator
Requisition #:19078Location:Chicago IL - B0120
Functional Area:Manufacturing/Production/OperationsEducation Required:High School Diploma
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, ATM servicing, currency and coin processing, and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Coin Room Machine Operator.
The Coin Room Machine Operator is responsible for running coin machines or supporting the operating process and properly verifying and accounting for coins. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
• Monitor and run sorting/counting machines and report any issues affecting production or accuracy
• Support and assist production and maintain a supply of material (coin, plastic, boxes, tape, etc.) so that production is uninterrupted
• Enter all verification activity into logs as processed
• Monitor levels of coin in hoppers at all times and use Bank/Mint Coin as necessary, to maintain constant supply of coin during production hours
• Resolve production problems by altering process to meet specifications
• Maintain specifications by observing operations, detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts and adjusting controls
• Ensure maximum product quality
• Complete preventative maintenance requirements and properly troubleshoot malfunctions while reporting any serious machine problems
• Report any anticipated issues with meeting customer-expected process times before end of shift
• Report all significant variances and suspicious items
• Maintain orderly and clean work area, including all machines, tables, cabinets and storage areas
• Cross-train and perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in a production environment operating industrial manufacturing equipment
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Coin wrapping, coin separation and/or sorting experience
• Light mechanical aptitude
• Data entry experience
• Experience working in a piece rate environment
• Excellent ethics and integrity
• High attention to detail
• Collaborative work style
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to work independently
• Professional, positive demeanor
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide eligible employees, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer profit sharing opportunities and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top