Sherwin Williams Color Marketing & Design Manager- 17000AJN-1377323 in CHICAGO, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5103980 Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
* Responsible for managing, designing, and providing creative direction on color marketing strategies for the Consumer Brands Group including HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Valspar, Devine Color, Pratt & Lambert, Conco, Krylon, and various private label brands, and is accountable for the development of color systems and tools across all these market segments.
* Leads direction and development of color palette strategies as aligned with overall marketing and sales goals.
* Oversees the development of innovative marketing materials that concentrate on the aspects of color, using knowledge of consumer color trends and usage, for the use and/or education of internal and external customers.
* Directs development of presentations for internal and external color education and training purposes, public relations opportunities and conceptual design development. Promotes the brands awareness, position, and sales as a color authority by providing color and design expertise to all media channels and market segments.
* Leads Division's color education and leadership in the coatings and home decor industry by representing the brand as key spokesperson on color and trends through media, presentation appearances and serving on panels, boards, etc.
* Position also manages the direction and performance of the Marketing and Color Designers for Color and works collaboratively with internal cross functional marketing teams; brand, channel and product and coordinates with SW Color Lab, and Graphic Design departments to achieve Consumer Brands Group marketing efforts.
* POSITION REQUIREMENTS (INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW WILL BE USED IN THE JOB POSTING PROCESS)
FORMAL EDUCATION: (GENERALLY, IF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IS ACCEPTABLE, THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THREE YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE FOR EVERY ONE YEAR OF COLLEGE EDUCATION REQUIRED)
* Bachelor Degree
* Bachelor Degree (Bachelor of Fine Art) in Interior Design/Graphic Design. Equivalent degree in Marketing or Communication.
* MBA Preferred
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* 10+ years prior experience in Design, Marketing, with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results
* Previous supervisory or coaching experience required
* At least 5-year experience with P&L and/or budgeting is required
* Color eye testing required
* Location is open to Chicago and Cleveland Headquarter