City Colleges of Chicago Coordinator - Grant Administration in Chicago, Illinois
- COORDINATOR - GRANT ADMINISTRATION (FULL TIME)
- OLIVE-HARVEY COLLEGE
The Coordinator- Grant Administration provides programmatic assistance, budgetary oversight, and technical support to key stakeholders, working towards accomplishing the grant’s funding objectives and ensuring the effective administration of the Perkins grant. This positions works collaboratively with administrators and faculty to develop and implement grant funded program initiatives and services to students; oversee and track the expenditure of grant funds and procurement of goods and services; and maintain data and prepare reports in compliance with a grant’s reporting requirements.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* * Coordinates work efforts with Deans and program administrators in planning for the use of funding allocation, ensuring proposed programs, activities, and purchases are in alignment with grant requirements and City Colleges of Chicago's goals and objectives.
* * Serves as a primary contact between college, District Office, and the grant agency, responding to inquiries or issues relating the college’s plan for grant activities, allowable use of budgeted funds, and the preparation of required reports.
* * Administers grant funds and reporting, working with the college’s Business Office to create a grant budget with appropriate accounts and funding levels in PeopleSoft Financials. Prepares reports on status of grant fund expenditures.
* * Monitors and tracks budget expenditures and initiates and approves transfer of funds allowable under the grant to comply with funding objectives; prepares related reports.
* * Prepares and monitors the preparation of purchase requisitions to ensure grant funds are properly expended. Researches vendors, requests quotes, and works with Procurement Services to coordinate and expedite the procurement process.
* * Provides technical and operational support in coordinating and executing various grant funded activities including professional development workshops and student events.
* * Manage inventory of equipment and other non-consumable items purchased through grant funds as required by grant guidelines.
* * Prepares quarterly reports documenting program activities, outcomes, and purchases funded by grant in collaboration with the Dean, Department Chairs, and Decision Support to ensure compliance with grant reporting requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Education, Public Policy, or a related field.
- Three to five years of work experience in a responsible administrative or program administrator role, preferably for a non-for-profit or higher education institution.
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials, provided the minimum degree requirement is met.
- Strong collaborator who can work within a matrixed environment and team setting to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment .
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- > > WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term saving and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous Paid Time Off and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
- *Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire. *
- *We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. *
* Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!*
Job: Other Office/Administrative Support
Primary Location: Olive-Harvey College
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 12:25:33 PM
Req ID: OLI0000516
Employee Type: Full Time
Union Code: 1600Profes