City Colleges of Chicago Coordinator, Tutor Support Services in Chicago, Illinois
- COORDINATOR, TUTOR SUPPORT SERVICES (SCIENCE CENTER)
- TRUMAN COLLEGE
- Truman College’s Science Center is a study space designed to help students thrive academically in biology, chemistry, physics and other sciences. Students can freely drop-in to study, complete their homework and receive science help throughout the day without appointments. As a Coordinator,you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the ongoing growth, development, and coordination of a Science Center at Truman College. You will provide administrative leadership to professional and peer tutors, ensuring the delivery of quality tutoring services, assuring optimal scheduling to meet students need, and for* *creating a welcoming and supportive environment for students seeking tutoring assistance and academic support services. In addition, you will beresponsible for informing the Director of any performance and service related issues which require management intervention and response.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* * Works with Director to create and maintain a tutoring schedule to effectively staff and operate the Center. Participates in scheduling and making assignments based on tutors' availability and students' needs.
* * Monitors and ensures center's tutoring space provides an atmosphere conducive to learning and work with IT to effectively integrate the use of technology (online learning modules and software) in tutoring.
* * Observes tutoring sessions to assess how a tutor interacts with students and supports the learning process while adapting to each student's learning style.
* * Facilitates on-going professional development training to further develop the skills of tutoring staff and to ensure tutors are equipped with resources and tools needed to best serve students.
* * Collaborates with faculty to develop workshops and participates in providing training that includes but not limited to new tutor orientation and tutor session facilitation.
* * Gathers and complies data including number of frequency of students using the center, student success and retention rates, and students satisfaction with services.
* * Works with Director to analyze and interpret tutoring services data to assess the center's performance and to prepare reports.
* * Works closely with Deans, Associate Deans, Faculty to ensure center's tutoring services support educational and curriculum programming.
* * Develops resources to enhance tutoring services including but not limited to study groups, resources libraries, and related online training.
* * Participates in the interviewing and selection of tutors to ensure the tutoring needs of the Center and its students are met.
* * Assists the Director of Academic Support Services in reviewing center's operation and creating program initiatives to enhance tutoring services to address student needs.
* * Assists in creating and distributing marketing materials to promote the availability of the Center's tutoring services.
* * Informs Director of any tutorial program issues including tutor/tutee attendance, performance issues, space and time requests, and unmet student requests for tutoring.
* * Responds to and resolves student and tutor complains and concerns.
* * A Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Science related filed, or a discipline related to the needs of the Tutoring Center.
* * Master’s degree preferred
* * Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
* * Two years of work experience in teaching and/or tutoring, or in an academic support services role in a higher education environment.
* * Must be computer proficient with knowledge of a variety of software programs.
* * Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* * Must be self-directed, innovative, and able to assess current operations in an effort to improve the future goals of the District.
* * Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous Paid Time Off and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
- *Special Requirement Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire. *
- *We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. *
- Thank you for your interest in CCC!
Primary Location: Truman College
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 10:26:15 AM
Req ID: TRU0000639
Employee Type: Full Time
Union Code: 1600Profes