Jewish Community Center Early Childhood Assistant Teachers in Chicago, Illinois
The Jewish Community Centers of Chicago (JCC Chicago) works to ensure a vibrant and thriving Chicago through meaningful and impactful programs inspired by Jewish values. Founded in 1903, JCC Chicago was established as a gathering place for new immigrants to fill their lives with culture, language, and connection. Today, JCC Chicago is proud to welcome people of all ages, faiths, backgrounds and abilities, providing educational, recreational, social and cultural programming to the community. Last year alone, JCC Chicago impacted more than 35,000 children, teens, and adults throughout the greater metropolitan Chicago area.
JCC Chicago seeks outstanding Assistant Teachers to join our amazing team!
Be part of a team of educators, social workers and specialists who support the whole child through a developmentally appropriate curriculum that embraces Jewish life and complements what happens at home.
We are committed to excellence and are looking for those who are enthusiastic about guiding each child to reach their full potential.In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the safety and welfare of the children, supervising all children by sight and sound.
- Work with your teaching team to implement a program that includes elements of the JCCs integrated secular and Jewish curriculum.
- Provide and maintain an atmosphere which is conducive to emotional and cognitive growth.
- Establish and maintain good communications and strong sense of community with director, staff and parents.
- Make families feel welcome by greeting them personally by name and be able to share specific information regarding their child.
- Foster a collaborative, team-focused atmosphere, both in the classroom, your site and the agency as a whole.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and training and development opportunities.
- Work with your team to maintain NAEYC, ISBE and DCFS standards.
LOCATIONS: Chicago, Skokie, Northbrook, Glencoe and Buffalo Grove/Lake Zurich
TO LEARN MORE & APPLY: https://www.jccchicago.org/careers/early-childhood...
- At least 20 years of age with a passion for working with young children.
- Have or be working on either a CDA or equivalent or an associates or higher degree in ECE-CD or equivalent.
- One (1) year (1560 clock hours) of child development experience in a pre-school, Kindergarten or licensed Day Care program, from birth to age six preferred.
Date Posted: 06/16/2017
Title: Early Childhood Assistant Teachers
JCC: JCC Chicago
Location: Chicago, IL