TRC Companies Field Supervisor, Electric Utility Test & Commissioning in Chicago, Illinois
- Education and/or Experience -- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited school or University is preferred; and five years related experience and/or training is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses, registrations -- P.E. preferred.
- Shall have demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, the ability to effectively market engineering and design services outside the Company, provide excellent customer service, practice high level project management, be innovative, and maintain a high level of integrity.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with clients, agencies, and the general public.
- Physical Demands -- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A competent reviewer of direct report capabilities to maximize the effectiveness of the group while ensuring that all projects are properly staffed to obtain desired results.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, overtime holidays and night work.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel of up to several weeks at a time.
- Must have good PC skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status required.
- Valid driver's license issued by state of residence and is in good standing.
This position reports to the Regional Manager, Testing and Commissioning Services and is responsible for technical supervision of the Regional Testing and Commissioning Services Department (herein after referred to as the "Department"). The following are additional responsibilities: testing and commissioning support in areas of technical complexity; perform billable work for clients within areas of expertise; serve as one of the interfaces for the department with clients, other company departments, outside consultants, contractors, suppliers, and manufacturers on technically related matters. Responsible for ensuring field employees are adhering to safety and quality standards, resource planning, training and mentoring, and coordinating project assignments.
- Supervise, support and provide guidance for the day to day operations of the projects as assigned
- Responsible for promoting TRC safety and quality standards and policies and procedures, and ensuring field employees are in compliance
- Work with the Regional Manager to monitor, perform evaluations, and establish performance goals and expectations for direct reports (including but not limited to technical, Department and company standards, processes and procedures, customer service, financial/project performance, utilizations)
- Interface with the Chief Engineer to develop and administer employee training programs and procedures, Department processes and procedures, and any other technical needs
- Interface with the Safety Manager to develop and administer employee safety training programs and procedures to promote and provide a safe work environment
- Interface with the Regional Manager to: assign and schedule work as required to meet project and client requirements, assuring the highest quality and most efficient use of resources; assign and disburse company owned and rental test equipment
- Interface with Regional Managers to: support potential projects with preparation of proposals, estimates, and schedules; support booked project budgets, schedules and deliverables, and provide necessary task support with Department resources
- Interface with direct reports on site to provide project related support, auditing, coordinating, mentoring, and testing and commissioning tasks, where applicable.
- Take a support role in building the Department by marketing services and providing services to clients
- Review and approve time sheets and expenses for direct reports
- Responsible for ensuring complete and accurate record keeping of all work performed for assigned projects
- Be familiar with the Company's drawing and document management system (ProjectWise), design standards, and as well as applicable industry codes and practices
- Serve on industry committees and association groups as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Chicago, IL - CHI