Aon Corporation Policy & Controls Manager (Chicago, IL or Lincolnshire, IL) in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For A Policy & Controls Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cybersecurity business group within Aon Service Corp.
Your Impact As A Policy & Controls Manager
- Provide support to IT and Cybersecurity departments in implementation of policy & controls framework in line with information/cyber security management system processes.
- Update Aon’s security and technology control library, including control criteria and assessment attributes.
- Escalate identified emerging gaps in policy or the control environment.
- Integrate new laws, statutes, standards, and regulatory into control framework.
- Demonstrate knowledge of framework like NIST, COBIT, ISO etc. and compliance standards like HIPPA, SOx, PCI, GDPR, NYDFS, FFIEC etc.
- Manage policy and control oversight through a metrics driven approach.
- Define/Implement & improve processes to support the function.
- Operationalize through a process driven approach.
- Work closely with Global/Regional Security & IT teams.
- Maintains an up-to-date development plan and actively works towards completing it
- Makes time for personal development and shares learning with others
- Seeks feedback from peers and others regularly
- Shares information and knowledge willingly with team
- Contributes to team meetings when requested and with support
- Displays an understanding of personal performance objectives and those of the broader team and the relevancy of the ALM
- Builds successful relationships within the team
- Co-operates fully with others and maintains good relationships with all members of the team
- Actively listens to others’ opinions and ideas
- Helps others in the team to accomplish their goals
- Starts building relationships outside of team
- Drives process improvement.
- Implements new ideas, with least supervision
- Works as part of the team to provide creative solutions for clients
- Embraces changes and reacts positively
- Consistently delivers high quality work
- Listens clearly to instructions and asks questions to ensure clarity
- Ensures timely completion of tasks
- Positively approaches issues; identifies and remove obstacles with guidance/supervision
- Identifies the impact of the quality of their work
- Plans work to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Provides feedback to senior colleagues when process improvements are spotted
- Consistently acts with the highest integrity and professional standards
- Always remains compliant and encourages others to complete compliance training in a timely manner
- Embraces change, fosters adaptability of colleagues and flexibility of organization
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Good understanding of implementing (develop & maintain) information/cyber security and technology policies, standards, guidelines, procedures/controls as part of GRC program.
- A working knowledge of risk assessment as it is applied to information/cyber security.
- Developing and maintaining policy and controls frameworks that support the organization’s enterprise information technology goals and objectives
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders including business leaders, audit, regulators, clients and suppliers
- Managing in a cross-functional environment and experienced in managing multi location resources to meet goals on multiple projects
- Evaluating legal and regulatory requirements and impact to security policies
- IT General Control knowledge
- Best practice or industry standards (ISO, NIST, COBIT etc.)
- Sound knowledge of control design and methodologies
- Ability to understand regulatory requirements and translate into control statements
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint
- Excellent communication (written, oral and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify business needs and develop solutions
- Able to deliver high quality, accurate work within tight deadlines.
- Able to establish relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
- A sound understanding of security architecture, Network and Server administration support would be a plus.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent work experience; CISSP, CISM, CISA would be a plus.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2434124
Category: Information Technology
Location: United States, IL, Chicago