McGraw Hill Education Product Manager, Reporting & Analytics in Chicago, Illinois
/Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!/
At McGraw-Hill Education, we’re accelerating learning to unlock the full potential of every learner. It’s this vision that sets us apart, contributing to a brighter future where the science of learning improves educational outcomes. We’re harnessing technology to enhance learning, both inside and outside of the classroom, deepening the connections between students and educators to empower greater success.
In fact, we also look for ways to better ourselves. As an MHE colleague, you’ll focus on aligning yourself to four Core Competencies to better anticipate customer needs, more fully engage across our organization, execute with agility and create better products for the educators and learners we touch.
If you’re smart, curious, and passionate about education – join us as we open doors. You’ll work in an enriching, collaborative environment where we create opportunities for learners and celebrate successes. Why? Because learning changes everything.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?* * * You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more. * We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy. * Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program. * Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within. * Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education. We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategicProduct Manager, Reporting & Analytics in our Boston, Seattle, Chicago, NYC or Columbus office./Does this sound like you?/
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, the*Product Manager, Reporting & Analytics *will be responsible for leading feature planning and execution for product and platform capabilities across MHHE’s education solutions related to analytics and reporting, such as, internal business KPI reporting and external student/instructor reporting. .
Critical Functions: * Represent the “voice of the customer” within the agile tea, throughout the development life cycle. Deeply understand customer and business needs through regular interactions with internal and external users (faculty, students and administrators) to obtain real-world knowledge of the key challenges and opportunities across market segments. Clearly articulate definition of the business problem/opportunity and underlying goals and benefit(s). Translate customer needs into actionable user stories and completion criteria. * Develop and execute robust research plans including a variety of approaches to gather data such as 1:1 interviews, focus groups, contextual inquiry observations, win/loss analyses, competitive reviews, and secondary research. Analyze and synthesize customer feedback and market research across market segments. Possess detailed knowledge of the commonalities and differences in use of the platform or product capability across the range disciplines and user personas. Partner closely with discipline DPAs and Product Team stakeholders to ensure that the nuances of their course areas are represented appropriately. * Partner with TPM to develop platform vision and strategy as well as maintain a prioritized feature backlog. Own two-way communication of project status and risks to all business stakeholders. * Act as the expert for the platform capability and support customer-facing teams with regular updates on features, benefits, and roadmap. Provide training, answer questions about the platform, and develop documentation to enable customer-facing staff to effectively support users. Collaborate to solve customer challenges and seize opportunities. * Define and own business acceptance testing plan for platform features of all major and maintenance releases to ensure features delivered are “customer-ready” and meet the highest quality standards. Recruit participants and conduct ongoing user testing to validate solutions and gather experiential feedback to inform future development and prioritization decisions.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years’ experience in product management at a technology-based software company, preferably with experience in the information and education sectors. Ideal candidate has Higher Education experience.
- Experience as an Agile product owner and demonstrated success managing software platforms and tools with significant growth or revenue responsibility.
- Track record of success bringing complex, innovative software products to market, preferably with SaaS.
- Strong knowledge of education industry and experience in instructional and/or interactive design preferred.
- Demonstrable experience managing and delivering multiple projects to deadline and budget simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of analytics, data visualization and reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data via tools like iPython, Tableau or RStudio.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Web Trends or SalesForce reporting.
- Ability to evaluate past successes and failures to improve future prioritization.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%. Next Steps:
- If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume.
- We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you.
- After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine!
- If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education. *Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now –/we can’t wait to meet you!/ *
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Job: *Editorial/Content Development
Organization: *HIGHER EDUCATION_ME03
Title: Product Manager, Reporting & Analytics
Requisition ID: 36803
Other Locations: North America-United States-New York-New York City, North America-United States-Illinois-Burr Ridge