Aon Corporation Quality Assurance IT Director (IL or MN office location) in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For A Quality Assurance IT Director
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Risk Solutions Technology business group within Aon Service Corporation. This position can be located in our Chicago, IL; Lincolnshire, IL; or our Bloomington, MN office. As an IT Director, you will report directly to the Vice President of IT for this group and have matrixed reports.
Your Impact As A Quality Assurance IT Director*:*
- Responsible for defining and driving the Testing strategy (across people, processes, and tools) for Aon BTS org.
- Ensure testing resources execute testing against the defined strategy.
- Build leading test organization that drives best practices across test automation, test data management, test driven development, and integrated test / build.
- Drive tooling, standardization and best practices across people, processes, and technology in the testing space.
- Act as resource manager for QA Platform Test Lead, Internal QA resources; predict capacity needs to fulfill business requirements and plan resource allocation to address potential bottlenecks.
- Coordinate with all test organizations (ITG, BU embedded, internal, external) to drive best practices in test processes.
- Establish aggressive organizational goals along with internal and customer driven IT performance standards (KPIs) for QA.
- Establish Industry standard Performance Engineering , Application Monitoring capabilities in partnership with the Aon Platform Services team.
- Monitor execution of various systems, performance, integration, regression, and ad-hoc tests according to approved test plans and testing schedule.
- Oversee development, implementation, tracking and reporting of test metrics, as well as maintenance of test environment.
- Monitor quality and user acceptance testing to ensure they are designed and launched according to project timelines, and that quality standards of software products through all stages of product development life cycle are met.
* * Minimum of 15 years of experience in IT quality assurance with a wide exposure to formal testing methodologies and processes.
* * 10+ years in a senior leadership role and communicating to leadership.
* * 10+ years managing QA Department with the ability to lead and coach to drive success.
* * Successful experience managing in a matrixed environment.
* * Driving strategy and automation capabilities.
* * Defining best practices.
* * Ability to effectively communicate risk and escalate concerns.
* * Experience implementing and executing Disaster Recovery strategy.
* * Partner with IT Platform Services team for standardized tools and processes.
* * Experience in developing QA metrics and tracking quality.
* * Ability to escalate and fix issues prior to production.
* * Insurance or Financial Applications.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
*About Aon: *
* *Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer..
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2434476
Category: Information Technology
Location: United States, IL, Chicago