Rush University Medical Center RN Care Coordinator- Care Management in Chicago, Illinois
Are you a RN interested in caring for patients through direct patient care and telephonic outreach?
The RN Care Coordinator for medically complex patients in our Population Health Department may be the opportunity you have been looking for!
The RN Care Manager delivers patient care through a diverse role as a clinician, educator, case manager, and patient advocate. This position is an integral member of the Population Health Care Management team at Rush, working in a collaborative relationship with internal and external resources to support patients and families of the Medical Home Network and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and their medical home and individualized care. The RN working as a Care Manager in Population Health is an expert in chronic disease management, prevention, health maintenance, and clinical evaluation of medical and psychosocial needs.
- Utilizes Medical Home Network (MHN) portal and Rush registries to identify patients in need of outreach efforts from a clinical and psychosocial perspective.
- Works with inter-disciplinary team, patient's Medical Home, all other providers of the patients care and patient/ caregiver to develop individualized care plans and goals.
- Works to improve identified outcomes as defined by Rush Population health.
- Adheres to evidence-based treatment guidelines in facilitating care for chronic care/ disease management.
- Contributes to documentation of individualized care for identified patients, focusing on specific treatment goals. Assess progress toward goals based on clinical judgment, review of patients' self-monitoring tools and trends in clinical data.
- Assesses and monitors adherence to outreach and problem-solve intrinsic barriers to effective patient self-management of chronic conditions (i.e. education level, language barriers, etc.).
- Identifies extrinsic barriers to adherence (i.e. transportation, financial concerns or pharmacy coverage) and work with patient, care team and other available resources to alleviate barriers.
- Provides educational materials and resources to patient and family that are in a format which is specific to the patient/family learning abilities and language preference.
- Analyzes clinical data to track patient outcomes to determine if case management as improved patient status.
- Triages patient phone calls for acute patient issues and counsels accordingly.
Position Requirements: Current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. At least three years of progressive nursing experience in hospital, ambulatory, or home health setting is required. Prior experience in chronic disease management is preferred. Prior experience in case management, transition of care, medication adherence, and patient advocacy is preferred. Prior experience working with patients who may encounter obstacles to care. Positive interpersonal skills, the ability to positively influence others. Must have a strong sense of compassion Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills required.
Company Highlights: Rush is a not-for-profit health care, education and research enterprise comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Health. Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 licensed beds and a four time Nursing Magnet Hospital. RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.
Job Title: RN Care Coordinator- Care Management
Department: MHN NETWORK CARE MANAGEMENT
Full/Part: Active Regular FT (72 to 80 hours per pay period)
Job Number: 2017-1909