Aon Corporation Senior Counsel, Commercial Transactions in Chicago, Illinois
Aon Is Looking For a Senior Counsel for its Health Solutions Business
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Legal Department in Chicago, IL.
Your Impact As A Senior Counsel For the Health Solutions Business
Aon Risk Solutions, a business unit of Aon plc, is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Counsel to provide legal expertise to its health consulting and brokerage operations. The successful candidate will report to Associate General Counsel, U.S. Health and Benefits, and will have strong commercial legal experience to be able to provide expert legal counsel by:
- Applying broad legal expertise to resolve issues faced by consulting and health business on a daily basis;
- Advising business leaders and brokers on strategy and legal issues impacting business;
- Assisting brokers and consultants to ensure compliance with insurance and other laws;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with clients, insurers and other third parties and advising business on structuring of such arrangements;
- Analyzing and developing strategies for addressing regulatory issues impacting consulting and brokerage business related to health insurance plans and products.
*Skills and Experience: *
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school
- A minimum of 5 years of strong contracting law experience in a law firm or in-house legal position
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- High level of self-direction and sound judgment
- Ability to identify areas of legal concern and independently provide practical, timely solutions to business partners
- Experience advising on a wide range of legal issues, including technology, insurance, healthcare or ERISA, is a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visitAon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2426156
Category: Legal & Compliance
Location: United States, IL, Chicago