City Colleges of Chicago Vice President-Academic Affairs in Chicago, Illinois
VICE PRESIDENT OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Build your future at City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) and consider joining Daley College as the Chief Academic Officer leading our student-centered mission. The Vice President - Academic Affairs (VPAA) position offers competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Daley College, a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), continues to respond to the changing needs of Chicago and its people by augmenting traditional studies with the technical, career, and occupational curricula that prepare students for the 21st century. Daley was named City Colleges' College to Careers (C2C) hub for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering programs and works with industry experts to ensure students are prepared for 14,000 jobs in the Advanced Manufacturing field coming to the region over the next decade. Daley College graduates transfer to colleges and universities all over Illinois or join the work force where they are among its most productive citizens. Daley's main campus is located at 7500 S. Pulaski Road and its satellite campus is Arturo Velasquez Institute located at 2800 S. Western Avenue in Chicago.
This position is responsible for the administration of academic programs (College Credit, Short Term Programs, Personal and Professional Programs, Adult Education, Career Programs) and the coordination of these with other college functions. This position also oversees the development and implementation of policies and procedures and the daily operation and management of the unionized faculty, staff and a diverse student body.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the President in planning, organizing, and directing the operation, staffing, and budgeting needs of the college in support of the following goals:
* * Increasing the number of students who earn college credit credentials of economic value
* * Increasing the rate of transfer to bachelor’s degree programs following CCC graduation
* * Drastically improving outcomes for students requiring remediation
* * Increasing the number and share of ABE/GED/ESL students who advance to and succeed in college-level courses.
* * Plans, establishes priorities, assigns work, monitors progress and evaluates results of all academic programs and student services at the College.
* * Supervises, evaluates performance and develops employees that are on a direct report. Supervises all aspect of the system of academic personnel administration at the college. Coordinates activities of the college academic and student programs through the supervision of the deans.
* * Provides vision and leadership toward a seamless enrollment process for new, current, traditional, non-traditional and special interest students. Oversees efforts in identifying and implementing creative recruitment and marketing strategies designed to meet student enrollment goals.
* * Oversees student service-related retention efforts for the college. Ensures collaboration between offices responsible for instructional retention efforts to ensure consistency in retention efforts.
* * Supervises the evaluation of 25% of the college credit faculty and 25% of the college programs on an annual basis. Develops, coordinates and/or implements staff and faculty development programs. Develops and initiates innovative programs within the college. Directs the production of college credit class schedules per year.
* * Counsels, coaches, and maintains documentation on employees and performs other employee relations activities.
* * Oversees the development of the academic department budget, student services budget, and monitors expenditures to ensure adherence to budget.
* * Ensures the compliance of all City Colleges of Chicago policies and procedures.
* * Works with staff at all levels in the development, documentation, implementation and communication of policies and procedures relating to the department’s responsibilities.
* * Continually works to improve overall management of performance within the academic areas of the College.
* * Encourages collaborative relationships between institutional departments to develop a student-centered support process. Focuses institutional efforts to create a student-centered approach to enrollment and retention.
* * Participates in college and district governance and strategic planning.
* * Serves as chief administrator of the college in the absence of the President.
* * Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
* * Performs other duties as assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* * Direct Supervision of Deans, Clerical Staff, and College Administrators.
* * Indirect Supervision of Faculty and Technical Staff.
* * A Master’s degree from an accredited institution is required; an earned Doctorate degree from an accredited institution is preferred. Five (5) years administrative experience is required, preferably in a community college setting. Experience should include program development, strategic planning, operational oversight and fiscal management.
* * Five (5) years teaching in higher education is preferred.
* * Must have experience in higher education accreditation procedures, articulation processes and program review.
* * Demonstrated leadership in using assessment to continuously improve the quality of teaching and learning.
* * Supervisory experience in evaluation faculty and administrative personnel.
* * Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
* * Experience in union setting preferred.
* * Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success.
* * Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
- Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
- Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
- *We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. *
- *Thank you for your interest in CCC!*
Primary Location: Daley College
Job Posting: Aug 5, 2017, 10:48:52 AM
Req ID: DAL0000773
Employee Type: Full Time
Union Code: N/A