Rose International INC Software Engineer in Deerfield, Illinois
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Number: 259516
Location: Deerfield, IL
Desired Skill Set:
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates. WIRESHARK, SPLUNK, DEVELOPERS, INFRASTRUCTURE, APPLICATION, NETWORK
Contract Start: 6/4/2017
Duration or End Date: 5/31/2018
Location: Deerfield, IL 60015
Splunk Engineer/Administrator is needed to development and grow our Splunk environment and work with infrastructure and application teams not familiar with Splunk. This position will work closely with Infrastructure, Application, Network, Security, and Business Intelligence teams getting started with Splunk.
• Grow and improve the enterprise Splunk environment from early stages to a mature implementation by creating forwarder apps to ingest our data
• Assist and provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion, additional use cases and in setting up Splunk.
• Support and guide Baxter resources that include Splunk Administrators, Architects, Knowledge Managers, Developers and Users for increasing Splunk adoption and overall customer success.
• Assist with system upgrade planning and execution.
• Assist in workshops to help leverage the full value of Splunk solutions and lead periodic stakeholder meetings.
• Act as the Splunk liaison for Splunk technical questions, issues or escalations. This will include working with Splunk Support, Product Management (i.e. roadmaps), or others as needed.
• Development of best practices and run book.
• Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the Splunk platform and future products.
• Support large-scale deployments with data feeds from multiple on premise data centers
• Monitor and maintain Splunk performance, availability, and capacity
• Develop reliable, efficient queries that will feed custom alerts and dashboards
• Track work effectively via Agile methods
• Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for Splunk
• Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations
• Mentor members of the technical staff to support and assist in Splunk-related activities
• Maintain regulatory awareness and compliance
• Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Minimum 4+ years of experience with SPLUNK in one of the following areas: IT Operations, compliance, dev ops, network security, and system security, supporting security event management tools (SIEMs) Minimum 2+ years of experience with rule and advanced logic creation within SPLUNK
• Experience with scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
• Experience with integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment, including SaaS environments
• Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging
• Knowledge of regular expressions
• Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
• Experience with Python
• Experience with programming a plus
• Experience with various security tools, including Wireshark, Nessus, Nmap, Burp, Proxy, or Snort a plus
• Ability to be a Splunk language (SPL) expert
• Splunk Certified Administrator, Splunk Certified Architect and/or Splunk Certified
• Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
• Strong knowledge (recent experience) with the following technology: storage, servers, data centers, and cloud.
• Enterprise and or cloud software experience.
• Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
• Demonstrable success in thinking strategically and executing tactically, while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment.
• Participate in user acceptance testing efforts as needed.
• Security domain, implementation and security tools knowledge.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered
in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.