IDC Sterling OMS Architect in Deerfield, Illinois
As a Sterling OMS Architect (App Dev 4) you will be responsible for implementing and supporting the IBM Sterling Selling and Fullfillment Suite (Sterling OMS) platform in a high volume integrated systems environment. The position will require big picture thinking, analysis and design, deep dive technical design and previous Java development experience on the Sterling OMS platform. Previous domain experience in the B2B Wholesaling industry is a plus, B2C online retailing domain experience is a must.
- Should understand the Enterprise Systems landscape of all the applications needed for processes that originate / flow through Sterling OMS.
- Given a new platform feature, must be capable of analyzing the various touchpoints with other enterprise applications, design solutions that satisfy the new requirement, while ensuring the existing features are not broken.
- Participate in business meetings for new features and advocate solutions using Sterling OMS. Strong grip on the fit-gap analysis to come up with effort, skills, and risk estimates.
- Own the feature backlog for Sterling OMS and coordinate with other implementation teams in delivering the features through frequent releases to production.
- Capable of analysing and fixing production issues in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Design, develop, maintain and extend platform features based on Sterling OMS.
- Support a wide range of technology projects using Sterling Order Management including configurations, software development, installation of patches and upgrades, etc.
- Provide technical leadership for the Order Management Applications team
- Conduct design and code reviews of extensions and customizations to ensure overall quality and compliance with the IBM Sterling development framework.
- Participate in the review of solution testing and deployment, including System Test, Multi-Platform Integration Test, User Acceptance Test, and Performance Test.
- Mentor technical developers in the use of IBM Sterling Order Management.
- Hands on Production support, participte in on-call rotations established within the team.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical skills to think through complex, multidimensional problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good negotiation skills. Must balance business needs with management of scope
- Detail oriented: keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated: able to thrive in a fast paced environment with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to interface with the business
- Good presentation skills to articulate ideas, options and solutions to business and IT team
- Working knowledge of synchronous integration using webservices and asynchronous integration using JMS queues.
- Maven or Ant scripting for application build scripting preferred.
- Exposure to Selenium or other test automation tools preferred.
- Exposure to Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins or other continuous integration tools preferred.
Bachelors or better
XML, XML Parsers, and XSL and with ESBs.
Integrating Sterling Order Management solutions with other enterprise systems.
Java/J2EE and specifically in developing Java based extensions and interfaces to ensure proper functionality and integration with other systems.
Configuration/Administrator level knowledge using Sterling Order Management components, API's, related interfaces and configuration.
Performance tuning of the processes flowing through Sterling OMS a must.
Must have experience mapping OMS service and api inputs and outputs to external systems.
8 years:Java/J2EE development including 4+ years of Sterling OMS. Sterling versions 9.2+ preferred.
Commerce Call Center
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: August 2, 2017