York Risk Services Loss Control Specialist in Downers Grove, Illinois
Provide loss control and risk management services to pool members, board of directors, agents, underwriting, and loss control administrator. Assist members in identifying potential hazards, developing and implementing programs, policies and/or procedures to reduce or eliminate loss exposures.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct timely loss control surveys of the membership, identify exposures, provide members with assistance in controlling exposures and mitigating or eliminating hazards, issue recommendations and resource materials. Must be able to provide loss control and risk management services in the field in a variety of setting.
- Provide underwriting with clear and concise reports of member operations, exposures and/or hazards encountered during surveys and property evaluations.
- Assist underwriting in reviewing large losses, concentrating on loss control measures that have been and/or can be taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepare and possibly present loss control reports to the board of directors that detail ongoing loss control activity.
- Assist marketing agents in securing and retaining business.
- Conduct property valuations utilizing industry standard software
- Conduct timely safety related training.
- Write safety related newsletter articles.
- Meet productivity goals, reinsurance standards and subsidiary’s contractual obligations.
- Perform other related duties as required. Required Skills
- Must have a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and reliable transportation.
- Possess an undergraduate degree in safety or related field and prior loss control experience.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with elected/appointed officials, board members, pool members, department heads, supervisors, employees, underwriters and agents.
- Work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Analyze and evaluate various safety programs.
- Apply loss control/risk management measures in practical ways.
- Handle sensitive and confidential issues.
- Loss control/risk management including a working knowledge of relevant statutes, standards, guidelines, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of references and resources for loss control recommendations.
- Computer data and word processing technology and application Required Experience
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 3+ years of risk management or related experience required
- Experience with public entity risk management and property & casualty coverage preferred
Tracking Code: DOWNERSGROVE06131701
Job Location: Downers Grove, Illinois, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular