Comcast Project Manager, Retail Advance Voice in Naperville, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functional activities forBusiness Class Service Delivery teams. Acts as a technical specialistwithin own area. May serve as a team leader, but does not supervise.
- Establishes and manages to critical dates required for on time completion of network activations; Evaluates the impact of changes to the overall project plan
- Day to day deployment task management of internal, external and in-market cross functional teams ensuring successful completion of deployments within scope, schedule and budget
- Proactively reviews and validates deployment project plans identifying risks, issues and gaps that could impact project timelines and goals; develops corresponding mitigation plans in collaboration with their management and cross functional teams
- Plans the agenda for and facilitates customer implementation calls.
- Prioritizes and drives cross-functional activities as related to the projects he/she is managing
- Implements quality assurance practices to ensure quality handoffs between cross functional groups
- Manages communications for various audiences based on deployment project plans and status; provides accurate project status information.
- Escalates issues requiring action or decisions to Supervisor/Sr. Manager, as necessary.
- Accountable for project plans, schedules, delivery within time, and quality of all project elements.
- Maintains effective business and field communications and relationships
- Initiates and maintains customer relationships from receipt of order through day of cut and official handoff to Service Assurance
- May serve as a single point of contact for large customer initiatives or a team lead for non-standard special projects.
-Exhibits ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Exhibits ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Deliver World Class Customer Experience
- Onboards new employees inclusive of orientation and ongoing training.
- Serves as subject matter expert on all products and processes specificto an assigned job group.
- Recommends best-in-practice processes and procedures and works toimplement change and drive efficiency.
- Performs analysis for the department and produces cost-effectivesolutions.
- Presents new marketing and sales programs to staff and ensures properimplementation of the program(s).
- Assigns and prioritizes workload.
- Coordinates a variety o local processes and procedures for multiplegeographic locations.
- Assists team members in meeting scorecard productivity/qualitymetrics.
- Acts as primary point of contact for regions.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Demonstrated experience in Cable/Telecommunications industry
-Demonstrated understanding of voice services
-PRI (Primary Rate Interface)
-SIP (Session Initiation Protocol)
-7 years of related experience.
-Project Management training, certification or equivalent experience; knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
-Knowledge of order and or task queue management
-High School Degree or Equivalent
- include sfv4:header tag for jsmessages ->Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer