CBRE Data Center Solutions Business Development Director in Oak Brook, Illinois
Data Center Solutions Business Development Director
Oak Brook, Illinois, United States at https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/24155/other-jobs-matching/location-only
▾ ▸ 6 additional locations
San Francisco, California, United States Denver, Colorado, United States Phoenix, Arizona, United States Chicago, Illinois, United States Dallas, Texas, United States Mclean, Virginia, United States
Requisition # 17014429
Responsible for executing the Data Center Solutions and Services business development strategies based on the strategic directions and targets of the business; lead the business development programs and initiatives, accountable for the deliverables and outcomes, act as an advisor to the business lines in their own business development activities.
This role requires a strong balance of technical aptitude, business development, account management and project management skills that deliver proven results.
Responsible for developing and closing new business opportunities in the data center facility management and IT integrated services area that are sold at a price to deliver the customers’ requirements without compromising our quality service within CBRE’s target market sectors.
Activities include lead generation, prospecting, planning, forecasting, qualifying and assisting with the delivery of sales presentations and proposals. Respond to information requests and inquiries from executives and global team members.
• To develop and build long-term professional customer relationships with existing, new and potential clients.
• To identify and build a long term active pipeline, exploring both existing markets and targeting new market opportunities.
• Take complete ownership of, develop and deliver exceptional sales and tender documents and presentations, in line with Company standards. Generate tenders and relevant document preparation, using the specialist support functions, as well as regional business leaders.
• Analyzes financial performance indicators and related industry activity to identify outsourcing opportunities. Responsible for expanding client relationships/key markets to target as business growth opportunities.
• Collaborates with the Regional MD and Global Sales MD to develop a concise plan to accomplish sales growth objectives, focusing on our value-add as “expert advisors” rather than “tactical or transaction specialists”. Meets business growth objectives consistently.
• Responsible for and has full ownership of Data Center Solutions outsourcing model. Manages the creation of proposals, presentations, and other client-facing materials with the pursuit and operations teams.
• Strong understanding of each CBRE service line, platform, and value proposition. Often writes the executive summary and key themes for pursuits.
• Coordination and governance of sales activity throughout the sales process including qualification, discovery, proposal, pricing presentation and negotiation.
• Lead negotiation activity on new contracts and successfully close sales opportunities to meet and exceed agreed sales targets.
• Raise the company and business profile by representing CBRE at industry events, high level networking and promoting an image of professionalism at all times.
• Evaluates industry and business trends and analyzes performance and responds with necessary business change.
• Strong track record of success in winning new business, demonstrated knowledge of outsourcing and integrated facilities services programs in Data Centers and/or Critical Environments, and the ability to influence all organizational levels - including the ability to develop credibility and trust quickly with C-Level executives/decision makers.
• Extensive experience in the data center market and developing outsourcing solutions, pricing and org development models preferred
• Recognized qualification within the engineering/technical sector is ideal along with a strong education background
• Requires advanced financial skills and knowledge to review complex financial reports prepared by others. Candidate should be able to prioritize key initiatives, develop business development effort to align the overall business unit goals.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of business documents such as complex and lengthy RFP documents with detailed SOW around data center operations. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
• Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook.
• Advanced Excel skills preferred. Experience working with large data sets and decipher multiple types of RFP models preferred.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines.
Must be flexible to work outside core office hours from time to time, and to travel as required.
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org mailto: email@example.com or via telephone1-866-388-4346.
As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit www.cbre.ca