MYR Group Inc. IT Intern in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
The Rolling Meadows MYR IT Department is looking for a Summer Intern to work with the Network Engineering team. We are specifically looking for a talented resource who has a strong interest in networking technology to help us. We need assistance configuring our fleet of printers across 70 locations remotely. This will help us meet an audit compliance issue with network security vulnerability that is low in complexity, but very labor intensive. This is a great opportunity to learn more about network engineering. In addition we would like this resource to assist us with the following tasks:
- Identifies and resolves computer and network problems providing 1st level Help Desk support on network related issues.
- Performs a variety of duties in the monitoring, installation, testing, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software and system or application upgrades.
- Conducts repairs and maintains preventative maintenance schedules for application, network and access services.
- Conducts troubleshooting on assigned user rights, file access, security settings, server and server communication, and enterprise print systems.
- Conducts system and database backups as necessary.
- Provides assistance to information systems staff in the evaluation, selection, acquisition and implementation of computer hardware and software.
- Maintains and monitors antivirus definition updates for servers/desktops.
- Ability to troubleshoot end user network access issues.
- Provides technical training to end users.
- Provides assistance in administration of voice network.
- Works under immediate supervision and usually reports to Network Engineer or Sr. Network Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates who have taken network engineering classes is preferred
- Candidates with two years of college courses completed is preferred
- Strong work ethic
- High attention to detail
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply online at www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies, MYR Group and its subsidiary companies do not accept agency resumes unless they are from an approved vendor and submitted through our Third Party Recruiter Portal.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, company employees or any other company location. MYR Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Employee Type: Intern
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Job Type: Information Technology
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 6/19/20176/19/2017