AMETEK, Inc. Sr. Hardware Engineer in West Chicago, Illinois
Come join our successful and growing electronics company. We are looking for a self-starter and someone with a lot of passion to contribute to the design of our products. If you have the passion along with the ability to work with us and develop innovative solutions to problems, please consider joining our team. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop product requirements and perform electronic hardware design based upon customer specifications and industry regulations
- Create required engineering documentation to support new product development. This includes schematics, specification drawings, bills of materials and other related documentation
- Conduct verification and validation testing on prototype designs. Work with both internal and external resources to complete testing.
- Perform project management functions for assigned projects. This includes tracking costs, schedules and coordinating with other groups within NCC to ensure projects are completed as planned.
- Work with other groups within the NCC organization to support the manufacture and delivery of products during development and after start of production.
- Identify new technologies and design solutions to enable NCC controls to be the best in class in terms of cost, quality and performance.
- Develop designs and provide product costs to support customer requests for quotation
This is an immediate, full time job opportunity with full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, holiday pay and time off benefits.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
Ametek National Controls Corporation is a manufacturer of electronic controls for the commercial appliance/food equipment industry, including time delay relays, cube timers, temperature indicators and controls, solid state relays, liquid level controls, voltage monitors, dust collector controls and custom machine and process controls.
- 10 to 15 years experience in electronic hardware development and manufacturing.
- Must be a team player who can work well with others and accomplish tasks.
- Familiarity with industry standard software development practices.
- Experience with project management and best practices in the field of project management.
- Basic understanding of BOM cost estimation.
- An understanding of relevant industry regulations (UL, FCC, EC etc) and experience with demonstrating compliance via qualification testing.
- Experience working with customers at various stages of product development starting with initial concept reviews to post launch product support.
- Creative thinker who excels at developing optimized solutions in a short period of time.
- Has good written and oral communication skill.
- Demonstrates drive and initiative in completing tasks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID #: 10061
Location: US - Illinois - West Chicago
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: AHV - Instrumentation & Specialty Controls
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0