Trugreen Tree and Shrub Specialist - OwR3GwW6TuSl in West Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5153167 TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Provides service to residential or commercial customers by making timely tree/shrub/landscape applications, diagnosing and correcting landscaping problems through service calls and other customer communications, and selling/up-selling services to new and/or existing customers, resulting in growth of the customer base.
1. Applies fertilizers and pesticides to trees, shrubs, and lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
2. Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or to remove damaged leaves, branches or twigs.
3. Drives company vehicle to customer location.
4. Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone and in-person service calls.
5. Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
6. Assists in sales to current customers through contact on route and telemarketing.
7. Provides potential customers an accurate cost of TruGreen services.
8. May install insulation by lining and covering structures with insulating materials. May gather and transport supplies, prepare area, and work with insulation.
9. Performs a daily three-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return.
10. Completes production reports, new sales forms, customer invoice forms, daily vehicle inspection report, and cancel/skip notices as required daily.
11. Maintains vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance.
12. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of facility.
nEducation and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1 or more years related experience and/or training in horticulture or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• License and/or certification as required by federal, state or local government.
• Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required. Must be 21 years of age by date of hire.
nKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Competent in subject matter, principles, knowledge and concepts: generally considered a specialist in area of assignment; able to perform full scope of activities associated with job.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers and/or other associates.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area and volume.
• Ability to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving customer service situations.
• Ability to manage contact with fertilizers and chemical agents.
• Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis.
nPhysical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An associate that is physically active, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with custo ers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
nRegularly required to:
• Sit or stand
• Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and focus
• Lift up to 50 lbs independently
• Push and pull equipment
nOccasionally required to:
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Moderate to loud
• Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat or wet conditions
• Subject to exposure to animals and insects
• Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
• Occasionally work near mechanical or moving parts
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer -EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
To learn more copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfn
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.