Wiegel Tool Works, Inc Punch Press Operator in Wood Dale, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5106032 Description: Punch Press Setup Operator
Skills: Educational and Skill Requirements:
High school education supplemented by technical education or on-the-job skill development.
1-3 years of experience in high speed or large stamping format environment.
Ability to speak, read and communicate in English.
Ability to read and understand blue prints.
Basic shop math understanding.
Technical knowledge of assigned machines.
Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel, etc.)
Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Duties: Key Responsibilities:
1. Review work instructions.
2. Check and provide all process components including material, lubricants and packaging, etc.
3. Identify and locate proper material thickness and gauge.
4. Use cart, tray or forklift to bring necessary tools to machine.
5. Set and position tooling into machine.
6. Set up equipment for accurate material feeds.
7. Run first piece and verify accuracy.
8. Operate machine to run production as required.
9. Visually inspect production for burrs, scrapes, rust and other defects.
10. Check production against sample and/or print using various gages, micrometers, calipers, etc.
11. Adjust settings as needed.
12. Perform routine maintenance on all assigned equipment and machinery as required.