SMG Accounts Payable Staff Accountant in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Accounts Payable Staff Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage Finance
REPORTS TO: Senior Accounting Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried-Exempt
SAVOR...Chicago, a leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Staff Accountant. This position will primarily focus on processing accounts payable invoices within Solomon Accounting System. Reconciling vendor accounts and statements timely and managing a clean A/P aging is key to the success of the position. This position will work closely with the Purchasing Department as they are our main contact with our vendors.
- Performs accounts payable processing.
- Codes invoices to general ledger account.
- Matches invoices vs. purchase orders.
- Inputs invoices into Solomon Accounting System.
- Performs arithmetic reviews of invoices.
- Prints A/P checks from the Solomon Accounting System on a weekly basis.
- Generates positive pay files.
- Enters journal entries into Solomon Accounting System.
- Month end accruals.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Prepares 1099's.
- Maintains void check log.
- Performs accounts analysis and works with Purchasing department to review status of open purchase orders and unvouchered receipts.
- Reconciles A/P control accounts to detail aging.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 2-years of experience in accounting or finance positions
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience of the above
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as MS Excel and MS Word
Experience in using a professional accounting system(s). Solomon system
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled