Cook County Government ATTENDING PHYSICIAN 7 - MEDICAL SURGICAL in Chicago, Illinois
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: email@example.com
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
Location:** Cermak Health Services
Cermak Health Services, 2800 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) is seeking an Attending Physician 7 for Cermak Health Services of Cook County (Cermak) providing healthcare to detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The Attending Physician 7 will be responsible for providing primary care to inmates and documenting clinical care in accordance with all professional standards. Communicates with members of the multidisciplinary team including nurses, medical technicians, mental health staff, and others to coordinate care. Complies with the same security regulations as other employees at the facility.
- Reports to the Chair of the Department of Correctional Health
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university is required.
- Licensed as a physician or surgeon in the State of Illinois or eligible to be licensed prior to starting employment.
- Completed accredited residency program in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine or eligible to complete such residency prior to start of employment.
- Board Certified or eligible for certification in either of the following medical specialties: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine or is a resident physician
- Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) or the ability to obtain licensure prior to starting employment.
- Valid licensure with the Federal DEA or eligible to obtain licensure prior to starting employment.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), preferred.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish or Polish.
- Record of scholarly achievement.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran **must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posting: Mar 6, 2018, 11:27:36 AM
Closing Date: Apr 5, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Req ID: 00121015