CME Group Business Continuity Planner in Chicago, Illinois
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
The Business Continuity Planner will support the Senior Director of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, as well as the Business Continuity Management Team, overall. In this capacity, the candidate will assist with the implementation of procedures and systems to ensure that CME Group’s business resilience capabilities are effective and efficient and remain in compliance with all laws, regulations and best practices. This position will work regularly with Business Continuity Coordinators across the company to ensure the company maintains current and accurate Business Impact Analyses and Business Recovery Plans. Additionally, the position will assist with day-to-day business continuity activities including incident response planning and training, employee education, business unit recovery exercises, and continued program improvements. This role may also lead certain projects, as appropriate.
- Day-to-day maintenance of Business Impact Analyses and Business Recovery Plans including initiation, tracking, and audit of plan review and approval process.
- Regular outreach to all departments regarding plan updates and information collection; and regular review and/or replacement of BCCs and their managers as necessary.
- Production of Business Impact Analysis and Business Recovery Plan summaries and reports for all audiences on a regular basis.
- Regular audit of BCM plans and incident response documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Assisting Business Resilience team with documentation relating to exercise planning and facilitation as well as incident response activities.
- Help ensure that business resilience data and processes are aligned and integrated with other facets of the BCM department including disaster recovery, vendor risk management, crisis analysis and response and compliance.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong project/time management and communication skills are essential.
- CBCP certification preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of the financial services sector and the markets is preferable.
- 3+ years private sector business continuity experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office tools.
- Salesforce or similar software experience preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
**The nature of business continuity requires that the department’s employees be reasonably available and reachable outside of working hours should an event occur that may impact operations or life safety.