SMG Cook 2 in Chicago, Illinois
Title: Cook 2
Reports To: Chef/Sous Chef/Management/Supervisor
Job Status: On call basis
Hourly Rate: $ 18.23
The Cook 2 works under close supervision while assisting the Chef or Cook accordingly. The Cook's 2 is responsible for the prepping and preparation of food as directed. The tasks assigned must be completed quickly and efficiently while still abiding by necessary guidelines that will ensure quality standards are met.
- Adhere to Board of Health and ServSafe regulations
- Prepare food products as directed by recipe and/or supervisor while maintaining strict adherence to standards and specification.
- Complete all assigned production priorities daily.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area according (including but not limited to refrigerators, counters, tables, storage areas, etc)
- Equipment/tools may be available, but it is suggested that you provide and secure your own tools
- Inform supervisor of any shortages or equipment malfunctions
- Knowledge of food quality, utilization, storage, rotation and consistency,
- Demonstrates practical understanding of kitchen sanitation.
- Able and willing to participate in a team environment
- Understand written and oral direction and communicate effectively with others
- Scheduling flexibility is essential, willing to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- 6 months of experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces for long periods of time
- Able to work in an environment having both hot and cold temperature extremes.
- Standing/walking: Remaining on one's feet in an upright position at a workstation and/or moving about a work area and between associated areas/buildings for extended periods of time.
- Reaching/bending/twisting: continual movement using hands, arms, legs, shoulders and back.
- Pulling/pushing: Exerting force to move an object towards you or away from you up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting/Carrying: Ability to lift/carry items using proper lifting/carrying procedures up to 50 lbs
- Ability to move heavy (200+ pound) wheeled carts
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled