Google Field Sales Representative, Higher Education, Google Cloud in Chicago, Illinois
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA
As a member of the Google Cloud team, you inspire leading companies, schools, and government agencies to work smarter with Google tools like G Suite, Search, and Chrome. You advocate the innovative power of our products to make organizations more productive, collaborative, and mobile. Using your passion for Google products, you help spread the magic of Google to organizations around the world.
As a Field Sales Representative for Higher Education, you will help define the future of truly ground-breaking technology. In this role, you work to drive awareness, adoption and business of Google’s public cloud for Higher Education accounts. Given that Google Cloud Platform is a nascent business within Google, this role commands a large amount of responsibility, and you will participate actively in all aspects of building the business. In addition to Google Cloud Platform, you will work on G Suite for Education, Google Classroom, Devices and future products.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in Higher Education.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Build and maintain executive relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor.
- Help develop and execute strategic plans, and build targeted account plans across the Higher Education vertical (central IT administration, institutional research).
- Manage multiple opportunities simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact.
- Engage with Computer Science departments of universities to drive adoption of Google Cloud Platform into their teaching and learning.
- Drive special initiatives aimed at increasing adoption and use of Google products (Google Cloud Platform, G Suite for Education, Classroom, Maps and Devices); Qualify and assist customers in identifying use cases suitable for Google Cloud deployment, articulate key differentiators and typical customer buying journeys.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience selling Infrastructure- and/or Platform-as-a-Service (IaaS and/or PaaS) products.
- Experience (or Sales Engineering experience) in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Education or public sector experience
- Experience in CRM systems integration.
- Experience working on various stages of the sales process and experience leveraging channel for success.
- Experience planning, presenting, and executing a territory sales strategy.
- Ability to speak credibly about IaaS and PaaS, and basic technical queries.
- Effective written/verbal communication/presentation skills, and strategic and analytical thinking skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.