Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP Financial Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is a leading national law firm with over 20 business centers in the United States. With approximately 500 lawyers and 1,000 personnel, we are a traditional, yet innovative and diverse Firm and our people are our highest priority.
Our Chicago office is looking for a Financial Analyst to work with the other members of the Financial Reporting Department. This individual will maintain the General Ledger and reconcile various accounts, they will also provide statistical, financial and budgetary information to the Firm's Management and outside parties.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Prepares daily and monthly reconciliations of the Firm's ledger with system sub-ledgers using SQL programs.
- Analyzes and detail various accounts to provide assurances of proper classifications, and prepares journal entries to reconcile them.
- Prepares journal entries on an ongoing basis to maintain proper allocation of items.
- Prepares various monthly reports which include; firm financial statements, statistical reports on timekeeper hours, rates, collections, etc.
- Monitors the firm's FTE for timekeepers and adjusts internal systems accordingly.
- Maintains compensation schedules for partners at all levels.
- Reconciles partner compensation to the ledger and to various reports.
- Maintains schedules for partner insurance and other deductions and creates related journal entries.
- Maintains partner loan schedules including monthly deductions and payments to the bank.
- Assists in the development of the Firm's annual budget and revisions; specifically in the areas of timekeeper FTE, compensation of all employees and corresponding tax and benefits.
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting, a minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting, knowledge of general accounting policies and procedures, and the ability to perform financial and statistical analyses. They will also be proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs, have experience with Aderant or other time and billing systems and ADP Workforce Now.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life and AD&D; Insurance, 401(k) savings plan and retirement, generous paid time off and opportunities for professional development.
As an EOE/AA employer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Note To Agencies and Applicants: At this time, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Chicago, Illinois