Google Global Technical Partner, Google Technical Services in Chicago, Illinois
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
The Google Technical Services Ads team is a solution-generating force that helps our sales teams and advertisers. These solutions need to be scalable to support millions of customers worldwide. In addition to troubleshooting on the customer side, we work with Sales, Product and Engineering teams within Google to develop better tools and services to improve our products based on the evolving needs of our users. As a cross-functional and global team, it's our job to help keep the lights on and the ads fresh.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Global Technical Leads (GTLs) help shape the digital future of some of the world’s largest brands. In partnership with Google sales leaders, GTLs help leaders incorporate technology into their global branding strategy. We are a team of technical thought leaders, addressing complex business challenges with cutting-edge technology. We understand our customers’ business goals and are committed to helping them achieve those goals through technical innovation. Ultimately, we deliver simple and elegant solutions to complex, global advertising challenges.
As a GTL, you will work with business and technology leaders, using both your technical acumen and business know-how. You will develop a deep understanding of some of the world’s largest brands, bringing technology to bear in service of business goals. You will set the strategy for a global team, leading them to develop new and innovative solutions, deliver seamlessly, and delight the customer.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Serve as technical leader and visionary for Google’s brand advertisers. Be a collaborative thought partner in Google’s brand building business, both internally and externally.
- Partner with Google’s largest brand advertisers to establish a technical strategy that accomplishes our joint strategic goals. Speak for the entirety of the Google business and be seen as fluent across all Google ad products.
- Develop business partnerships and trusted relationships with senior decision-makers at the C-Suite level, understand the business and technical constraints to be able to recommend technical implementations in support of plans to drive increased business, brand equity and ROI.
- Produce actionable, results-oriented strategies to solve complex, ambiguous, open-ended business issues.
- Manage Google Technical Services teams and cross-functional partners, providing consulting services focused on achieving business goals through the use of Google technology.
- MBA or equivalent management and leadership experience.
- 5 years of experience in technical sales, sales engineering or professional consulting.
- 3 years of experience designing systems, writing PRDs or coding web applications.
- Experience navigating business organizations, managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders, and negotiating optimal solutions across all parties.
- 2 years of experience working in the digital advertising industry.
- Experience planning or managing complex technical projects and coordinating technical project team members to deliver quality results within the project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop close working relationships with senior management in a range of companies worldwide.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, solve complex problems and scale effectively across a large organization and highly distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to adapt your message to both technical and business audiences.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.