Google Hardware Engineer, Power Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead the design of power subsystem with other system integration engineers for a finished product.
- Lead projects that involve new technologies or new uses of multiple existing technologies.
- Engage cross-functionally to ensure successful roll-out, testing and complete validation.
- Provide technical leadership and direction while troubleshooting complex system level issues.
- Recommend and implement new product developments and process improvements.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in power electronics and electrical power engineering.
- Schematic capture and circuit simulation tools experience.
- Experience in modeling system power, defining architecture blocks and detailed circuit design and analysis for mobile applications
- MS degree or PhD in Electrical/Power Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 years of relevant experience with proven depth and breadth of knowledge in power design at board and system level.
- Experience working with battery powered systems.
- Strong knowledge of power industry and ability to access supplier competencies and areas of weakness.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to detail. Ability to execute own work with minimal supervision.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.