Google Infrastructure Cloud Consultant in Chicago, Illinois
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cambridge, MA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA; New York, NY, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
As an Infrastructure Cloud Consultant, you will work directly with Google’s most strategic customers on critical projects to help them transform their businesses. You will provide management, consulting and technical aptitude to customer engagements while working with client executives and key technical leaders to deploy solutions via Google Cloud Platform.
You will also work closely with key Google partners to manage programs, deliver consulting services, and provide technical guidance and best practice expertise.
You possess a diverse background with cloud solutions in areas such as architecture design, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. To be successful, you know how to navigate ambiguity, have extensive experience working with cloud technologies, and have technical depth and enjoy working with client executives.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Interact with sales/partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate complex customer requirements into recommendations for solution architectures and consulting services.
- Manage a team of technical consultants, provide a point of escalation for customer inquiries, coach and grow team members' skills in consulting delivery.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver migrations to cloud solutions.
- Work closely with practice areas, and Product and Engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies and published assets.
- Understand customer needs and help shape Google’s long-term product strategy. Be a champion of Google’s “product innovation story”.
- BA/BS degree in a technical or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant experience doing lift and shifts of applications to the cloud; this includes Cloud Technical Program Management experience, managing the process from inception to completion.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field.
- Experience in architecting, developing and/or maintaining production-grade cloud using Google Cloud Platform and other cloud technologies, along with virtualization, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks.
- Experience in Systems Design, with ability to architect systems interactions.
- Familiarity with networking infrastructure and system design of load balancers, firewalls, and VPN in virtual machines and containerized applications.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technology solution, and the ability to work with a geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent project management, presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technology solution. Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.