Google RF Desense Validation Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D; lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
As an RF Desense Validation Engineer, you will be responsible for validating the RF system-level performance by planning test plan, constructing RF desense validation system, and executing a test matrix with thorough coverage. You have solid RF fundamentals and validation background and knowledge of overall system architecture of wireless mobile products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Validate RF system-level performance by planning test plans, constructing RF desense validation system, and executing a test matrix.
- Partner cross-functionally with EE Designers, RF Engineers, Antenna Engineers, Product Designers, CAD designers, Software Engineers, Compliance Engineers, and ATE engineers to validate, improve, and deliver products from concept to mass production.
- Review results and communicate with the cross-functional team to ensure the best quality of the product is achieved.
- Train partner engineers and technicians in verification tests.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or CE or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in RF design/validation for wireless consumer electronics.
- Experience with multiple wireless technologies, including cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and NFC.
- Experience with RF/wireless test equipment: wireless communication test sets such as R&S;, Anritsu, Litepoint, Keysight.
- General RF test equipment experience such as Spectrum Analyzer, Network analyzer, Signal generator, and general RF components.
- Familiarity with general OTA chambers: ETS chambers, reverberation chambers, SATIMO chambers.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.