Google System Power Validation Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D; lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop test solution to improve power, battery and thermal test efficiency and accuracy.
- Work with engineering development team on power bring up, and design validation.
- Support the team in debug, troubleshooting and failure analysis investigation.
- Collaborate with other validation engineers on transitioning product to volume production and manage product sustaining efforts.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including 2 years of industry experience or equivalent.
- Experience with power test equipment, SMPS and battery technologies and power consumption optimization.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in power/battery/thermal test, validation and leadership role.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: SMPS design and validation, test automation, LabVIEW, Python programming and PDN simulation
- Experience with handheld consumer product or phone development and validation.
- Analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to detail.
- Ability to execute own work with minimal supervision.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.