Google Technical Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
Google Technical Services: Professional Services (gPS) is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting millions of users worldwide. Our consultative services take our deep technical and product expertise and combine it with our powerful understanding of our customer’s needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Google solutions.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all sizes and crafts and no single Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing businesses grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide industry leading client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Join the DoubleClick Technical Specialist team, a client-facing team of DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM), DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM), and DoubleClick Rich Media (DRM) experts passionate about helping the DoubleClick Digital Management (DDM) suite of products work for Google’s advertising clients. As a Technical Specialist, you’ll provide custom solutions for Google’s largest advertisers using our Platforms suite of technologies. This includes offering technical expertise on an engagement basis. You’ll also be conceiving and delivering scaled, proactive, cross-vertical solutions and workarounds for both clients and internal partners. You are flexible, creative, and analytical, have superb communication and technical skills, and can work in a dynamic, constantly evolving, environment.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Develop implementation plans (often first-of-its-kind plans) for DBM, DCM, and DRM clients.
- Create and deliver scaled, proactive, cross-vertical solutions for both clients and internal stakeholders.
- Resolve technical escalations from internal teams.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to manage early client implementation and troubleshooting of alpha and beta features.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively.
- Proficiency in first and third party audience targeting and technology, DSPs, online measurement and Google display buying, delivery and measurement platforms.
- Ability to independently lead projects to a successful and timely conclusion. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple client/stakeholder deadlines at a time in a, dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate measurable impact on campaign strategy and deliver customer-focused solutions in a daring environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.