Arrow Electronics IoT Field Application Engineer - North America in Geneva, Illinois
IoT Field Application Engineer - North America
The IoT Applications Engineer will be part of Richardson RFPD’s global engineering team and will be responsible for assisting our design centers in Geneva, IL and Denver, CO in developing evaluation platforms and applications solutions for our IoT customers. These solutions will include industrial sensors, connectivity hardware, application software and cloud services. Working in conjunction with the technical marketing and sales team, the IoT Applications engineer will also act as technical advisor and proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their IoT solution implementation.
• Has an advanced understanding of the customer’s needs and will leverage Richardson RFPD’s engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate IoT solutions for customers.
• Responsible for architecting and developing solution specifications, a preliminary feasibility assessment and the engineering execution. The IoT applications engineer will work closely with Richardson RFPD’s engineering team as well as third-party design support entities to ensure successful completion of these projects.
• Develop and conduct preliminary use-case testing of IoT hardware and software, device management software for wireless connectivity, perform on-site demonstrations and enable solution integration in customer’s product.
• Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Organize engineering customer events and participate in trade shows representing Richardson RFPD as the technical subject matter expert.
• Attend supplier product trainings in person or via conference calls and keep abreast of emerging new technology by participating in industry workshops and seminars.
● BSEE or related engineering degree and 5+ years of wireless engineering experience in the following fields: RF, embedded software and equipment manufacturing process.
● Familiarity with IoT concepts and solution design, good understanding and hands-on project experience with relevant industry technology, including cellular (GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee and GNSS.
● Experience with hardware simulation tools, PCB layout and manufacturing processes. Experience with Linux programing is a plus.
● Familiarity with emerging IoT and 5G technologies.
● Strong technical presentation and analytical skills.
● Traveling required 20-25% of the time.
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.