Fortive Corporation SQL Server Database and System Administrator in Glenview, Illinois
SQL Server Database and System Administrator
Teletrac Navman, the combined company formed by Teletrac Inc. and Navman Wireless offers GPS-based fleet optimization products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking, electronic logging, communications and analytics that enable companies to monitor, measure and improve operational costs and efficiencies. The company's technology currently tracks more than 500,000 vehicles owned by over 40,000 organizations on six continents, making it one of the world's largest fleet management providers. The company, headquartered in Glenview, IL, has offices in the United States, Mexico, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. Learn more at www.teletracnavman.com
• Responsible for providing operational database and system services to the organization.
• Owning, tracking and resolving database and system related incidents and requests within SLAs.
• Reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service relation issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
• Responding to database and system related alerts and escalations.
• Working with the Global Operations and R&D teams to design strategic solutions.
• Initiating and performing changes in production systems.
• Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within established timeframes.
• Release software to production SaaS application.
• Maintain Disaster Recovery for various Log Shipped sites.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree [Major – Information Systems or Computer Science
• Five years’ experience as SQL Server Database Administrator.
• Worked with high transaction databases.
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically
• Ability to work within a fast-paced, change embracing corporate culture
Fortive Corporation Overview:
With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s operating companies hold leading positions with well-known brands in field instrumentation solutions, transportation technologies, sensing technologies, product realization solutions, automation and specialty products and franchise distribution. Born of Danaher Corporation and with a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of the company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System.
Fortive’s strategy is focused on creating value through organic growth, operating margin expansion, and mergers and acquisitions. Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington, and employs a team of more than 20,000 people worldwide. The team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. Fortive intends to apply to list its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange. Learn more at www.fortive.com
Job: Product Management
Primary Location: North America-United States-IL-Glenview
Organization: Teletrac Navman
Req ID: TEL001104