Capstone Logistics Safety/Loss Prevention Supervisor in Joliet, Illinois
Safety/Loss Prevention Supervisor
Capstone Logistics is a fast growing, exciting company focused on 3rd party services in distribution centers across the nation. We are in 48 states and over 400 Distribution Centers across the US. We are looking for a Supervisor to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful Supervisor with 2-5 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential and a benefit package after 30 days.
The Safety/LP Supervisor is responsible for:
- Assist in coordination of Security personnel for the facility and guard shack.
- Assist in asset protection programs to combat theft and inventory loss.
- Ensure food safety state and federal requirements are met and adhered to.
- Providing professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of environmental health and safety programs,
- Coordinating and providing all training related procedures in Safety processes and Safety improvements.
- Administering all safety programs and processes designed to attract, retain, and motivate employees.
- Mitigating the impact and managing any Workman's Compensation claims until closure from a site level perspective.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of environmental health and safety programs to assure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory, along with Capstone Logistics guidelines, and site specific policies through promoting a wide range safety culture through administering and enforcing safety SOP's and presentations, safety training, risk assessments, and behavior modification programs.
- Effectively implement programs, practices, and procedures to reduce the frequency and severity of injury and or accidents in the facility.
- Individual is responsible for the training needs in relationship to the development of the associates in a manner consistent with company quality, service and cost objectives.
- Implement and support all programs relating to food safety best practices and well as ensure the facility meets/exceeds all state and federal regulations.
- Monitor and manage the on-site security provider to ensure building safety and inventory integrity.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement site specific Standard Operating Procedures as requested by the company
- Develop Site EH&S plan for the site
- Train site personal on safety programs and procedures
- Provide Safety, Health and Environmental leadership and guidance to all site personnel.
- Be a liaison on safety issues or safety policy changes from partner to Capstone Personnel.
- Be recognized on site as a representative for Capstone in Safety role.
- Audit facility and personnel for any safety, or environmental deficiencies and correct or address promptly.
- Handle all workers' compensation claims that arise until closure.
- Plan and hold monthly Capstone Safety Committee
- Represent Capstone at Partner Safety Committee meetings.
- Implement any Safety Incentive programs.
- Investigate all safety incidents, accidents and near misses as required by the company
- Conduct RCI's as required by the organization -- meet with Partner contact on a regular basis to review safety incidents and RCI's
- With the SM, complete Job Safety Analysis on all logistics jobs
- Work closely with Partner EH&S lead to ensure that common practices are followed and all personnel are trained
- Ensure Safety Program is in place and conduct that training for all New Hires
- Ensure that New Hire Quality, Safety, Culture is in place and conduct that training for all New Hires
- Ensure all employees are trained and are able to identify potential hazards in the workplace
- Take action to eliminate / minimize all identified hazards in the workplace
- Along with the Site SM and Capstone Corporate personnel be the Capstone representative for OSHA, EPA or other State and Federal regulatory agencies and address any issues that may arise on a site level.
- Represent the Site in the role of Safety, Health, and Environmental affairs with Capstone Corporate Safety personnel.
- Acquisition of safety supplies.
- Maintenance and upkeep of safety records and employee training files
- Foster teamwork and pride in the company safety program
- 5 Years' experience in Safety and Warehousing.
- Ability to read, interpret and create documents such as procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write routine correspondence with co-workers, employees of another organization, and customers.
- Ability to create and implement new safety training lessons / programs
- The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Aptitude to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Warehouse management skills with a broad knowledge of warehouse operations.
- Management skills required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled