Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointee in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 403356 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: ES-Energy Systems
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
" />Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We are looking for a motivated, recently graduated Polymer Scientist with expertise in specialty polymers synthesis and characterization of physicochemical and mechanical behavior of polymeric materials. The individual we're seeking will preferably have expertise in polymer physics and characterization with a strong emphasis on nanoscale phenomena such as polymer adhesion, cohesion and other surface science phenomena.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Considerable knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: organic chemical synthesis, polymer synthesis, polymer characterization.
- Considerable hands-on, practical laboratory experience with organic chemical processing and analytical methods specifically related to characterization of polymeric materials.
- Comfortable with working in a rapid pace environment.
- Communicate effectively and on a timely basis with the laboratory supervisory personnel on all developments or matters resulting from laboratory work activities.
- This level of knowledge and experience is typically achieved through Ph.D. degree in Organic Chemistry, specifically in organic synthesis of polymers, supramolecular architecture, polymers mechanical and chemical characterization.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.