LGS Innovations Software Cybersecurity Engineer in Lisle, Illinois
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a*Software Cybersecurity Engineer* for our Lisle, IL location.
In this position you will work under direct supervision, perform security analysis of embedded systems, firmware products, and software applications focusing on finding and removing vulnerabilities. Additional responsibilities include research and development, and usage of vulnerability detection tools.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional and source code analysis of software systems to find security vulnerabilities
- Design, document and implement security tools by interfacing with other development engineers to integrate total solution
- Operate effectively and comfortably in a team environment
- Work closely with team members and manager to gain technical experience
- Travel to other LGS locations or customer sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline and 0-2 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Familiar with development in either Windows, Linux and/or Unix-based operating systems
- Experience with multiple programming languages including C++ and C
- Scripting language experience desired, such as Python and Perl
- Familiarity with software security concepts such as intrusion detection, cryptography, authentication, firewalls, secure coding practices
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Lisle, IL
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Software Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Lisle, IL
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary