Astellas Pharma Associate Business Insights Manager, Marketing Operations in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Business Insights Manager, Marketing Operations opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
The Associate Business Insights Manager will provide primary and secondary market research supporting the Astellas Urology Franchise.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the proposal, design, and execution of primary market research, both qualitative and quantitative, in support of the Urology franchise
- Develops, executes, and maintains market research plans and budgets
- Executes current market research plans for Myrbetriq and Vesicare
- Interacts with brand teams to develop & execute annual market research plans and budgets
- Responsible for analysis of results from market research projects, preparing meaningful, timely reports and presentations to brand teams, ensuring information is communicated clearly and effectively
- Develops requests for proposals
- Solicits competitive bids from outside market research agencies
- Awards contracts to outside market research agencies
- Manages the activities of the outside market research agencies
- Reviews outside market research agencies performance against proposals and budgets
- Provides expertise as data consultant on all secondary resources and identifies appropriate uses of each resource, such as conducting product sales tracking, market trend analysis and performance reports
- Develops dashboards to provide brand teams with clear, concise, insights based on key performance indicators, on a monthly basis
- Partners with other commercial operations functional areas to ensure shared knowledge between these groups
- Responsible for conducting market research projects with an annual budget of approximately $2 - 3 million
- Will directly support decision-making for brand(s) with estimated peak annual revenues in excess of $ 1 billion
- Is an individual contributor
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business or science
- Minimum 4 years of experience in pharmaceutical market research, with demonstrated expertise in sophisticated methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the secondary pharma data sources such as IMS and Symphony Health
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and logically and to think and act independently as needed
- Strong personal & non-personal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and demands on their time
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed very quickly
- Computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment
- Demonstrated abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong organization skills, written and verbal communication skills, accuracy, and personal initiative required
- Advanced degree in business or science strongly preferred
- Experience in retail pharmaceutical products highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of claims databases highly preferred
- Supervisory experience would be a plus
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Commercial Operations/Commercial Training