Gallagher Internal Communications Business Partner in Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Are you an internal communications leader ready to guide a best practice, data-driven internal communications function in a fast-growing global organization?
As a global internal communications business partner for Gallagher, you’ll be at the forefront of engaging 26,000 employees in a company with a successful 90-year history and a promising future. We’re looking for someone with strategic vision and proven tactical excellence, who combines the two skill sets to confidently help guide global internal communication programs.
Specifically, we need a candidate who is ready to implement our first-ever global internal communications strategy across our matrixed organization. You’ll be enthusiastic, collegial, strategic and determined to deliver results. You’ll drive consistency of process and practice within our growing function, and you’ll be a tireless champion for the employee experience at all levels. With your input and contributions, we’ll create a meaningful, ongoing conversation with employees to help Gallagher achieve our business priorities, while supporting our shared values, known as The Gallagher Way at https://www.ajg.com/about-us/the-gallagher-way/ .
· Strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to demonstrate progressive gains against a long-term plan.
· Creating and implementing consistent, effective and simple communication processes and practices across a matrixed organization.
· Proven ability to deliver successful executive and employee communications across an integrated mix of print, digital, and face-to-face channels, such as communications plans, intranet articles, email messages, digital content, themes/message platforms, Q&As, presentation decks and other communications as required.
· Successful track record of consulting and coaching executive leaders and teammates in best-practice internal communications.
· Excellent communication and project-management skills with strong writing, proofing and editorial skills.
Bachelor’s degree injournalism, communications or related field with a thorough understanding ofcommunications principles and practices.
6-8 years of progressivecommunications experience, preferably in corporate communications with a focuson internal communications and driving change initiatives.
Relationshipbuilder with individuals at all levels and in all areas of the world;seeks to build trust through a professional attitude, confidence, and astrong work ethic
Mustbe self-starter. Takes initiative to implement continuous processimprovements.
Comfortablyoperates with minimal direction.
Understandsthe importance of change management and works to ensure training, adoptionand reinforcement of new behaviors over time.
Engagesin continuous learning - proactively researches and applies best practicesand innovations in internal communications.
Abilityto manage budget and vendor relationships to meet business goals.
Must be proficient inMicrosoft Office Suite.
·Advanced knowledge ofSharePoint preferred.
Job: Corporate Communications
Organization: Home Office Division
Title: Internal Communications Business Partner
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 41683